See position description below.
The Administrator Director advances ACTA’s mission of empowering alumni and trustees on behalf of academic excellence, academic freedom, and accountability in higher education by assisting ACTA constituents, coordinating general office operations, and supporting the Vice President of Operations.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serving as the first point of contact for ACTA’s many constituencies, providing a positive and can-do response in a dynamic office environment; greeting guests.
- Fielding e-mail and phone inquiries from ACTA’s national network of trustees and alumni; directing inquiries to appropriate departments, tracking follow-up, and filing responses in Salesforce.
- Filling publication orders and requests.
- Spearheading ACTA’s hiring process, including posting open positions on external websites as well as our own, filtering candidates, coordinating interviews, and following up with department heads.
- Undertaking general office upkeep such as cleanliness, organization, filing, supplies, etc.
- Organizing and overseeing regular staff meetings; maintaining office calendars, ordering staff lunches and helping with special occasion celebrations.
- Serving as liaison with ACTA’s Board of Directors and Council of Scholars, including preparation and organization of board meetings.
- Providing support for special projects and events for ACTA constituents.
- Assisting the Vice President of Operations in ATHENA/Merrill Award planning, outreach, and coordination; overseeing registrations and interacting with attendees, as well as handling vendor contact at all stages and assisting with creative vision of event.
- Providing support to the Vice President of Operations in updating website and managing online presence for events through Eventbrite.
- Assisting the Vice President of Operations in training and prepping new employees, in coordination with the department heads.
- Providing logistical support to the Vice President of Operations for operational needs regarding accounting and yearly audit.
- Providing support to the Vice President of Operations for all daily operations of the organization, including interacting with building engineers and maintenance staff.
The Administrator Director receives day-to-day supervision from the Vice President of Operations. The Administrator Director must approach these tasks as an entrepreneurial enterprise, requiring an understanding of and proactive approach to ACTA’s program activities. He or she is expected to be personable, dynamic, well organized, highly motivated, and principled, as well as to exhibit the highest degree of personal responsibility, accountability, and honesty.
The start date for this position is negotiable, but we are looking to fill the position as soon as possible.
Candidate should have excellent writing skills, a good work ethic, the ability to work independently, and be a self-starter. Most importantly, the candidate must have an eye for detail and strive for perfection when executing job functions. Furthermore, a candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to exercise sound judgment
- Organizational, planning, and time management skills
- An ability to manage challenging and fast-paced situations
- Strong copyediting skills
- Superior computer proficiency including the ability to use Microsoft Office and Salesforce
Candidates must possess a four-year undergraduate degree. Graduate certificates or degrees are not required, but will be viewed favorably. Also, candidates must demonstrate knowledge of ACTA’s mission and a passion for that mission. Previous work experience is preferred. But, full and complete consideration will be given to all exceptional applicants.
Salary and Compensation
ACTA offers a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary structure. The benefits package includes comprehensive health insurance, life insurance, retirement plan, Metro reimbursement, and a generous paid-time-off plan. Starting salary is negotiable and depends upon experience and education level. ACTA conducts periodic evaluations where employees may receive raises or bonuses for outstanding and excellent work.
Applicants should provide a resume, cover letter, a writing sample, and at least two professional references. All applications are confidential. Please address applications to Jacquie Merrill, Director of Development. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com (preferred) or mailed to Jacquie Merrill, Director of Development, ACTA, 1730 M Street NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20036.