The staff of the American Council of Trustees and Alumni (ACTA) is dedicated to academic freedom, academic excellence, and accountability at America’s colleges and universities. We work with alumni, donors, trustees, policymakers, and education leaders across the United States to safeguard the free exchange of ideas on campus and ensure for students an intellectually rich, high-quality college education at an affordable price.
The impact of our work is evident in the actions of state legislatures, university boardrooms, classrooms and campuses across the nation. Our staff is enthusiastic, energetic, and collegial, and we model the free exchange of ideas in the way we do our work and in the social events of the office.
The Executive Assistant advances ACTA’s mission of empowering alumni, legislators, and trustees on behalf of academic excellence, academic freedom, and accountability in higher education by providing support to the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief of Staff and assisting the Operations Manager with general office operations.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Orchestrates a variety of administrative tasks in support of the President, requiring thorough knowledge of ACTA’s mission, policies, and national network.
• In collaboration with the Chief of Staff, manages incoming correspondence and requests made to the Office of the President, observing the need to work under tight deadlines with competing priorities.
• Coordinates travel arrangements and logistics for the President and assists in the preparation of materials related to his public presentations.
• Facilitates writing assignments for the President, including drafting correspondence and, as appropriate, providing research and text for speeches and reports.
• In collaboration with the Operations Manager, provides support for special projects and events for ACTA constituents.
• Supports the Chief of Staff in communications with ACTA’s Board of Directors and Council of Scholars, including preparation and organization of board meetings.
• Fields mail, email, and phone inquiries from ACTA’s national network of trustees and alumni, directing inquiries to appropriate departments.
• Assists the Chief Operations Officer and Operations Manager with planning ACTA’s annual conference event. Provides support for other ACTA events as needed.
• Maintains company calendars, zoom meetings, and main ACTA email.
• Assists the Chief of Staff in scheduling regular staff meetings and lunches; helps the Operations Manager with special occasion celebrations.
• Assists the Operations Manager with ordering and maintaining supplies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The Executive Assistant receives reports to and receives day-to-day supervision by the Chief Executive Officer. He or she must approach these tasks as an entrepreneurial enterprise, requiring an understanding and proactive approach to ACTA’s program activities.
Preferred skills and competencies:
• highly organized and possess exemplary time management and planning skills,
• an excellent understanding of MS Office,
• the ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
• superior verbal and written communication skills.
• personable, highly motivated, and principled,
• the highest degree of personal responsibility, accountability, and honesty.
• Protects confidentiality and safeguards sensitive personal information
• 5+ years of experiences as an executive assistant or administrative professional preference. College degree is a plus, as is previous experience in a nonprofit setting.
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as an integral member of a team.
Please email a resume and cover letter to Hanna Hotes at email@example.com.
Launched in 1995, we are the only organization that works with alumni, donors, trustees, and education leaders across the United States to support liberal arts education, uphold high academic standards, safeguard the free exchange of ideas on campus, and ensure that the next generation receives an intellectually rich, high-quality college education at an affordable price.Discover More
Sign up to receive updates on the most pressing issues facing our college campuses.