The Operations Manager is responsible for maintaining day-to-day office operations by managing office systems; maintaining relationships with third-party vendors; aiding in event planning; spearheading recruitment efforts; and overseeing IT systems by coordinating with third-party IT service providers. Additionally, the Operations Manager is expected to take a proactive role in departmental and organizational strategic planning, and serves a crucial role in planning ACTA’s annual conference.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Serve as the first point of contact for ACTA’s many constituencies, providing a positive and can-do response in a dynamic office environment.
- Ensure proper function and use of office equipment and maintaining protocols for printers, copier, postage system, etc.
- Field email and phone inquiries from ACTA’s national network of trustees and alumni, directing inquiries to appropriate departments, tracking follow-up, and filing responses in Salesforce.
- Administer employee commuter benefits and PTO tracking.
- Maintain company general calendar and project master calendar.
- Organize regular staff meetings and lunches; help with special occasion celebrations.
- Undertake general office upkeep such as cleanliness, organization, filing, supplies, etc.
- Serve as point of contact for building engineers, building management, maintenance staff, and Golden Triangle BID.
- Assist the Senior Vice President in annual ATHENA Roundtable Conference and Merrill Award Gala planning, outreach, and coordination; interact with attendees, and handle vendor contact.
- Assist in preparation and organization of ACTA board meetings.
- Provide support for other ACTA events as needed.
- Spearhead logistics of ACTA’s hiring process for internships, fellowships, and full-time staff, including posting positions on external websites, filtering candidates, coordinating interview process, and following up with hiring managers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with third-party organizations that provide recruitment support, job banks, job fairs, and D.C. internship programming.
- Assist the Senior Vice President and appropriate hiring manager in onboarding new interns and employees, including first-day orientation.
- Configure, administer, and provide training for VOIP phone systems.
- Configure and administer personal workstations and laptops, conducting regular security updates.
- Administer audio and videoconferencing systems.
- Maintain detailed IT records for all office hardware and software systems.
- Conduct new user setup in coordination with third-party IT service providers.
- Manage all ACTA passwords through secure password management software.
- Serve as first point of contact for IT-related questions from the staff.
- Serve as point of contact for third-party IT service providers on all inquiries.
The Operations Manager receives day-to-day supervision from the Senior Vice President and works closely with the Executive Administrative Assistant. The Operations Manager must approach these tasks as an entrepreneurial enterprise, requiring an understanding of and proactive approach to ACTA’s program activities. He or she is expected to be personable, dynamic, well organized, highly motivated, and principled, as well as to exhibit the highest degree of personal responsibility, accountability, and honesty. Candidates should share ACTA’s vision for promoting academic freedom, academic excellence, and accountability at American colleges and universities. Qualified candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree; 3-5 years of office management experience and familiarity with basic IT systems preferred.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.